What do you want to know?
- What’s the story behind this channel? We’re hoping it will provide a space for creativity and expression, for amplifying people’s voices, and will bring together independent artists and all sorts of niche groups. Traditional alternative media, however well-intentioned, often feels quite clique-y and off-putting to outsiders. We’d like to avoid the “closed shop” attitude and maintain a genuine open-mindedness.
- Is it legal? Yes, absolutely. Originally we limited ourselves to playing music that is freely licensed via Creative Commons, or in the public domain worldwide, or with the artists’ permission. From 2023, we are paid up with the UK royalty-collecting societies PRS and PPL, so anything goes.
- Can I play it in my workplace? A lovely idea! This would presumably require your workplace signing up with PRS.
- How can I listen to it? Currently, online via this website, which is powered by the web streaming technology of Airtime Pro. You can also tune in via Deezer, the rather exciting Radio Garden, and some other directories.
- How can I support it? We have some neat station swag available on our Redbubble page. You can also donate on a one-off or regular basis to our Patreon, BuyMeACoffee, or direct via Paypal. Other than that, please spread the word! We have no promotions budget to speak of, so we are reliant on like-minded people getting friends and lovers to tune in.
- Why do you play one sort of music and then a completely different sort of music? We’re quite open-minded musically. You never know what you might come across!
- Would you play my music? We’ll happily have a listen – send us links!
- Are you also a zine? You may be familiar with Beware! The Zine, which began in paper form in 1996. It moved to blog form around 2015.
- Can I advertise on your station? We’re not taking commercials, but we’re happy to consider shout-outs for charities and other socially responsible ventures.
- Can my station link up with your station? We’d love to content-share, in order to help amplify some of the great shows that other stations around the world are producing. This is part of the reason we joined the Pacifica Affiliate network.
- How can I submit an idea? Get in touch via our Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, email (bewaretheradio AT gmail.com) or maybe we’ll stick a contact form down here.
- Can I sign up to your mailing list? Yes, we finally have one! You can sign up here.